1. Professional development: STEM X Academy is the only residential program in Australia that provides relevant, inquiry-based STEM PL to both PRIMARY and SECONDARY science teachers. We invite both experienced and early-career teachers to apply. NSW teachers – STEM X is NESA accredited.
2. Networking: Attendance at STEM X Academy automatically provides you with membership to an exclusive, innovative and dynamic community of like-minded, engaged professionals who are sharing ideas, resources, experience, encouragement and teaching tools relevant to the world of science and science education. These connections with colleagues across Australia are among the program’s most valuable legacies.
3. Gain confidence: It doesn’t matter if you have been in the classroom one year or twenty. STEM X does something no other program does. Rather than providing you with a package of resources to use in the classroom, STEM X helps you to acquire the skills and confidence to design, develop and implement your own high-quality STEM-based teaching resources.
4. Scholarships available: Thanks to the support of our generous sponsors, a number of scholarships will also be available to those who live in a rural or remote region or have limited access to professional development. This means that all your flights, accommodation, meals and transport would be fully covered. (For successful teachers who don’t receive a scholarship, a one-off contribution of $600 (ex GST) is required to cover flights, accommodation, meals and transport).
5. Making science relevant for 21st century students – STEM X plays a pivotal role in drawing on the current national research effort, and assists teachers in placing the Australian Curriculum: Science in the context of students’ lives, experiences and aspirations. By linking teachers with scientists and researchers to explore contemporary STEM concepts, STEM X allows teachers to acquire the context and the skill and confidence to introduce teaching methods that better resonate with their students’ learning.
But don’t just take our word for it…
STEM X broadened my world, my scientific knowledge and my own enthusiasm for what is going on out there and I am now passing that on to the students I teach. Sandra Davey, primary school teacher from Queensland and STEM X Alumna
The STEM X Alumni community bounce ideas off each other and it’s inspiring because you see people doing awesome things around Australia and you think, ‘I’ve got to do awesome stuff, too’. Malak Dubois, Secondary science teacher from New South Wales and STEM X Alumna
STEM X is really focused on practical skills and you walk out with tangible resources you can take straight to the classroom. Matt Ward, early career teacher, Victoria and STEM X Alumnus
STEM X changes you as a teacher, changes your teaching and puts you in touch with people who can help you throughout your teaching. Rosemary Anderson, Secondary science teacher, Tasmania and STEM X Alumna
For further information and to register, please click HERE
Applications close at 11.59pm 12 September.